Sign in to follow this  

Music+FS2k2

Guest WolfieA

HelloIs it possible to listen to music (.mp3s, wavs) during FS2k2 and still be able to hear all the engine sounds, ATC?? Do I need a special programm to do this??

Sounds like one of those simple "try it and see" type of questions....I imagine yes, though I'm not sure of that.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Guest georgi55

Most of the time yes, but some of old or on-board sound cards might not be able to do multiple WAV-out at once.What you could do is download winamp and set it so that it uses DirectX Sound instead of WAV out.If you need help with setting up that setting in winamp, post here.

Guest WolfieA

Yeah I have winamp, but if I leave it running in the background I don't hear any FS sounds :-roll There is a radio out there for the Bell JetRanger, but it only can play up to 4 mp3's and it can't suffle them etc.Thanks

You can do play mp3s in the background if your sound card is full duplex. If your sound card is half duplex it will only play the active window (or maybe just the sounds from yourlast opened window...) Most computers built after 1998 have full duplex sound cards... (Check your manufacturers website for info on the card)Hope that helps! :) :+Cpudan80

Guest georgi55

Go to winamp preference, select "Output" under "Plug-ins" and select DirectSound output. (double click)Try and see if you hear any sound. (you have stop the current playing item once and play it again (puase won't do))If you hear sound, now try running FS2002 and see what happens.If this doesn work, select WAve output from plug-ins and everything will be back.

Guest joea

Or you can use the add-on I use, "Cd stereo cassette deck." [:-lol]seriuosly good for you if you can but with my system I can't afford to lose any fps.

Guest WolfieA

Thanks for the tips :-jumpyNow it works ;-)

Sure you can!!!! It can be done with a download that comes with a helicpoter at Simviation....go to page 7 in the helicopter downloads, or search the site for "seahorse" (Look for "FS2002 Bell206b in the Seahorse Bay Tour livery"). This craft comes with a file that will install a "am/fm radio and cd player" into any panel of any craft. It allows you to load 6(?) mp3, wav, etc songs as well as use the computer CD player. Pushing the radio channel changer buttons changes the wav/mp3 songs. Or, when you click on the proper area (see readme file) of the radio on the panel in your aircraft, your computer CD will open, allowing you to put in a CD and play and fly with all other FS sounds active. It's great!! Hope you enjoy it!LoboGood Folks and Flight simmin'...don't get no better 'en dat!Whistlingbirds@yahoo.com

Guest georgi55

>Thanks for the tips :-jumpy >Now it works ;-) Great :) Have fun ;-)There isn't much perfomance hit than you thought, don't you tihnk so? I experience only 1 or 2 FPS loss.