Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

SDK and TB

Misho,Thanks for your patience. TB crashes when I try to add another source to the SDK interface. It only displays source and dest. for the texture. There is no source and dest. for the altitude map which I think needs to be there? My AM shows fine on the interface but it's as though TB is not "seeing" it. Therefore I cannot compile an AM and nothing shows in FS2K even if I just do the texture. Here is the error code: TERRABUILDERL caused a general protection faultin module at 0000:0073f7a1. My tech skills are basic but I have everything you say TB requires, a texture.bmp, an AM.bmp and TB should put them together right? Perhaps I am trying to do something TB is not capable of which is create mesh terrain over a default MS flat scenery. I'm using FS2K and WIN 98.ThanksPatrick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Misho,I figured out why TB was crashing when I invoked the resample command in the sdk. It works fine now, BUT still no scenery. I've included my .inf file in the hopes you or someone can tell me what's wrong.[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "C:My DocumentsTB" SourceFile = "Texture.BMP" Lat = 17.200000 Lon = -62.666667 NumOfCellsPerLine = 1024 NumOfLines = 1024 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00016276041666666435 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00019531249999999931 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000 SampleIsCentered = 0 MakeBMP = 0 BlockWidth = 0[Destination] DestDir = "C:My DocumentsTB" DestBaseFileName = "Texture" UseSourceDimensions = 1To recap I am trying to create a real mountainous mesh over the FLAT DEFAULT island of Nevis in the Caribbean.Patrick

>Misho, >>Thanks for your patience. TB crashes when I try to add >another source to the SDK interface. It only displays source >and dest. for the texture. There is no source and dest. for >the altitude map which I think needs to be there? Patrick,No, the AM does not need to be there. You're overlaying a texture over the default terrain. Proper insertion of altitude map is something I am working on, but in the mean time there are other software packages that can acomplish this. Release notes guide you through texture portion of the design ONLY. This is what the release notes are sying, you might have missed it:"It fits right over the default terrain, and thus the altitude map is NOT needed. Also, the coverage will fit over third party terrain mesh. In future, TerraBuilder will also be capable of a default mesh terrain design"If there is no mention of the Altitude map portion, it is for a reason, and the reason is that it has not been properly implemented yet.Adding another source will crash TB and it is a bug I'm working on. It is not high priority because:Adding another CUSTOM type source is not allowed in SDK (I have no idea why, but MS seems not to allow it)Adding another MSB16 or LSB16 type is not needed because terrain is not implemented properly yet.So, simply, do not add another source.

Misho, thanks for th info. I will wait for AM capability in the future. In the meantime what programs offer this capability?ThanksPatrick

Hello Patrick,I imagine that Misho means Grises50, the program that is widely used to generate terrain mesh. It may be difficult to find, but with some perseverence, it should turn up.Best regards.Luis