Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

ImageTool ???

When I run imagetool I receive the menue of options & a blank DOS box. Clicking OK then shows the Press Any Key To Continue...I also get the hourglass when mouse is over main TB program. However, after several minutes there is no change and the hour glass remains. I press a key and DOS goes away but no file conversions are done in the texture folder. The 193kb bit maps remain and no other files appear. Did refresh on folder view to no avail.There is a small BAT created in the texture folder and the contents are:@echo off"D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002gmaxFlightsimgamepacksFlightSimimagetool" -terrainphoto -nogui -e bmp "E:Terrascene2outputtexture*.*"pauseAre the imagetool option in the above correct????Thanks,Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I solved my problem by capturing the temporary BAT file created in the output folder of IMAGETOOL. I modified it and eventually came up with the following that worked:@echo on"D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002gmaxFlightsimgamepacksFlightSimimagetool" -e bmp E:Terrascene2outputtexture*.*pauseI am not sure what the other options do but this structure offers a very nice batch window that show the progress of the IMAGETOOL's conversion process in a graphic window. So no guessing as to when it is done.The basic problem may be that under Windows XP the destination file is bounded by "". I had to remove these to get it to work. Now I have a Terrascene texture laid into FS2002 just fine.Dick

>The basic problem may be that under Windows XP the destination file is bounded by "". I had to remove these to get it to work. Thanks, you might have fixed a serious bug (or at least, an XP defficiency) - This is probably one of the biggest unknowns to me - I don't know why XP does not like quote marks in the batch file. I will have to make this an option.A lot of people running TB under XP have reported this problem, and if this is the fix then it makes my life a whole lot easier!