Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Terrascene2.1 - lo res textures???

Now that I can use TB with XP (quoted file names bad in XP) my next problem is that the Terascene "photoreal" texture is at a much lower resolution than basic FS2002 textures. I set my Terrascene project file to 7.5 instead of 15 meters in all instances with a general find replace. When I enter the extents in TB it tells me that I am at about 7.6 meters/ pixel or almost one-half the resolution of FS2002 at 4.8. I have tried the FS2002 resampler and the FS Resampler by Elrond Elvish. The latter uses a supposedly superior resampler process but same results. Am I stuck with the 7.6 meter resolution of Terrascene???Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dick,First - are you able to tell TerraScene to go with 4.8 m/pix?If not, then you should calculate to what pixel size you need to resize the TerraScene imagery to go from 7.6 to 4.8 m/pix. It's simple math (ratios).then, simply use Paint Shop PRO or Photoshop and resize the TerraScene imagery and make sure you're not using PIXEL RESIZE, but bicubic or bilinear method.Then, re-create the project in TB, enter the extents and you should have an exact TS-generated 4.8 m/pix scenery.Note: if the TerraScene is stuck at 7.6 meters/pixel, you will NOT get any better resolution in TB. resizing it simply means enlarging it, and using a bilinear or bicubic method will only "fill in the blanks" between the pixels while the image is enlarged. The image will look the same but larger, therefore blurrier at the same zoom level.Misho