Sign in to follow this  
Guest julesta

NEWS NEWS ... DOLOMITI scenery ...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Stefan,great, the screens. What framerate do you get with what CPU?I know this area a bit. Can I get the CD for testing?Can I make a link on my page to you? Pithttp://www.petercie.de

Hallo!1. I have a Pentium 4 at 1.5GHz, GeForce 4600, 512MB RAM, no less than 20-25 fps.2. I have not yet decided anything about beta testing (actually, gamma testing since the scenery is already very stable)3. Yes, please do link on your page!Cheers, Stefano.

Stefano. Congratulations. The BEST scenery MESH that I know. Astonishing. I

Jorge_PadHello Stefano,Great Mesh Scenery ! Congratulations,Please a clear me a doubt ! How to process a different DTM from de default FS2002 ? You have process a 10 m resolution DTM. I use resample from Elrond and Convim from Martin. I know that you use SDK directly. In this case could you do a little tutorial, a few words only.Sorry my wishes, Best,Jorge

Jorge_PadHi Stefano,Congratulations by the scenery.Could you clear me a doubt. You have processed a different DTM from the default FS2002 DTM and you have run directly to the SDK. Well how to process a custom DTM in SDK or in anothter program ?I use Resampler from Elrond and Covim from Martin to run my scenery.Do you have a tip how to process my own DTM ?Thanks.,Jorge

Hi again Stefano A question: How did you flat the area of the airport ?. Normally we had had problems with the area oaround the airport by default.Julio Estefan

Not that difficult, indeed.1. Produce a grayscale map of your DTM by using microdem. Be careful: if your DTM is a 10m grid, you have to properly scale your map till you get exactly ONE pixel for each 10 meters!2. With Adope Photoshop or Paintshop or whatever convert the grayscale bitmap to a 256 RAW.3. With Grises50 convert the RAW to a "DEM" which can be read by resample.4. Resample. TMF compress, TFM2BGL.That's it.Cheers, Stefano.

What kinds of problems? I just flattened the area within airport 2.60 for windows. No troubles. Only point: my airport was NOT included in the default database of MSFS ... maybe this makes the difference.Cheers, Stefano.

Hi Stefano:Yes, no problem, because your airport it