Sign in to follow this  

Those Night Textures again.

I have been playing around with night lighting and have succeeded in implementing the effect successfully. Strange thing though. I created the original set of bitmaps using the Withseasons = 1 added to the .inf file. I then repeated the process using the a darkened original and the same .inf file (Withseasons = 1 still there) with the file names changed to reflect the darkened image. Processed these files through Martin's Convim and Convdxt and then renamed them with LM replacing SU.My texture folder now has a complete set of day (SU) textures and a complete set of (LM) night textures. Thats all!!When I fly in this scenery I have day, dusk, night and dawn textures showing correctly in Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.My understanding was that this should not be possible, or am I just way behind the rest of you?Any comments?Regards,Chris Wilkes

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'll check this tonight! Hope your right...I wouldn't have thought this would work.By the way, if you use the command season = lightmap, you won't have to rename your slices! Bob B