Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Bitmap size limited in TBLite???? No INF file generated

I'm trying to create a scenery area around an airport. I have satellite images and want to place them over the existing FS2K2 landscape. When I try using a bitmap greater than 1024x1024 TB-Lite does not create the INF file. If my bitmap is 1024x1024 everything works really well. Is this a limitation in TB-Lite?Also, if I try any resolution other than the 4.8m/pixel I can't get the bitmap to resample. I'm guessing that is a limitation of the FS2k SDK?Thanks for any help for a newbie.Regards,Charlie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No limitation (except what your hardware can handle).PhotoTerrain functions (BASIC) are identical in LITE and PRO.However, if you are not careful how you enter your geo extents, you might end up with a situation where there will be no resampling done because your area does not cover at least one LOD square.4.8m/pix limit is imposed by SDK (or rather, Fligh Sim Scenery Engine) but you are NOT bound by it. Resampler WILL stretch/compress your imagery to 4.8m/pix but it will do a lousy job of it (it will pixel-stretch, not blend, and the result will be a somewhat blocky image). That is why I recommend that the image be resized in a good photo editor such as PhotoShop or Paint Shop PRO.