Sign in to follow this  

Im new to scenery design, need some help

G'day everyone,I'm very new to mucking around with ground textures and mesh editing, I have been browsing your forums looking for some helpful hints for a project i am working on for my home pad of Perth, Western Australia.I'd really appreciate some feedback about some general ideas ive got, whether they are true or total misconceptions.1) i can create any patch of water i want as long as when i import my texture into fs2002 as a ground texture ( using terrabuilder) i include an alpha channel with the appropriate blacked out areas2) this patch of water will be in the same style as that of fs2002, with inbuilt generic coastline, however I will not be able to ( at this point ) alter the depth ( colour) of the water3) this water is landable for amphibians and is treated as water when crashed into by fs2002 aircraft4) i can create ground textures for fs2002 that are higher resolution than 4.8m/pixel.5) these textures, when in fs2002, will have the extra detail level enabled ( if of course it is switched on in the fs2002 settings) automaticallyOK please i really would appreciate some feedback about whether these comments are true or not, as i said i am very new to this kind of thing and need some pointers to help me out.Is there any kind of manual avialable anywhere for this kind of thing?Also, does anyone have any idea when microsoft intends to release its terrain sdk for fs2002?Thanks in advanceJarradPerth, Western Australia

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jarrad,my shot at answers:1. yes, and you don't have to use terrabuilder, it works fine using the resample.exe and tmf2bgl.exe tools of the fs2000 sdk.2. no inbuilt coastline...you get what you put in your image, the alpha channel becomes just water3. yes4. no, image resolution can START as whatever, but resample.exe will convert the image to 4.8 m/pixel.5. I suppose, I don't really know what you mean, but these textures are full up fs2k2 textures...nothing lacking.I think the forums at scenery design and terrabuilder forums are the best manual. Read the archeives.Best, Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.