Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Status Of Next Upgrade ??

Any target date for an update to TB??Suggestion - eliminate the -terrainphoto and -nogui when creating the script for the ImageTool. The first one seems to do nothing while eliminating the second presents a very nice progress visual of the ImageTool's progress through the textures. Also, don't forget to eliminate the quotation marks for XP users.Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Any target date for an update to TB?? >>Suggestion - eliminate the -terrainphoto and -nogui when >creating the script for the ImageTool. The first one seems >to do nothing while eliminating the second presents a very >nice progress visual of the ImageTool's progress through the >textures. Also, don't forget to eliminate the quotation >marks for XP users. >>Dick Dick,Unless I screwed something up, the ImageTool string is fully editable - you can remove and add whatever you wish to it.-terrainphoto is actually a combo of 2 VERY NECESSARY switches (I forgot exactly which ones, -DXT1 and one other)-nogui was a personal preference, I didn't want the whole ImageTool window opening.XP thing - oh yes, that will be in for sure.Target date: My dad is in hospital in ICU. Sorry, but this takes precedence over everything else.

Misho:I hope that your dady will be OK in a few days. SincerelyJulio Estefan

I will take a closer look at the terrianphoto option. May be reason my texture's resolution are poor.Thanks,Dick

You can get more info on options by typing:imagetool -h terrainphoto(actually, not sure if it is /?, /h, -? or -h. I always mix up those help switches)Most of the switches are explained.YDo you let resample compress/expand your texture? Then the resolution and quality will be poor. If you resize to 4.8m/pix in PhotoShop using a good bicubic or bilinear filter, your images will not lose any quality when processed by resampler.exeMisho