Sign in to follow this  

Is anyone creating a auto Autogen?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's a great idea, but I don't see it as being possible, as photoreal scenery generated by Terrascene is "sliced and diced" at random by resample.exe. I've imported several thousand square miles of Terrascene generated scenery into FS2002, and no two tiles are exactly the same....I'm afraid assigning autogen textures to photoreal scenery will be a labor of love.......John

Not hard at all.eg. have TS2 create a separate TGA with landuse data only, using solid colours.Red sections for city, green for trees.Create a program that looks at each resulting resampled tile looking for red and green, placing trees in the green sections and bldgs in the red ones and then create the appropriate renamed .agn files.Would work nicely with TS2 and aerials.One could add as many solid colours for all the different landuses classes.Ken Salter from the Fly Terrascene forum has done exactly this for Fly!There is someone else that is half way there on these FS forums.He is using the idea for custom landclass files. It just needs to be converted to auto-Autogen.http://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Refer also my previous post 'Autogen 3D over Custom tiles - quickly'.I can see the possiblitiy of 2 option. One where you just page through all the bmp tiles and assign a generic type to each ( like I do with my speadsheet )preferably using shortcut keys and another wher you generate a land type base ( as you outline above ) and slice it up and generate agn files to suit - great idea.regardsPatrickF