Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

More begginer questions please..

Hey again everyoneSorry to be a nuisance but I keep hitting a brick wall in regards to creating custom textures to put over the default fs2002 scenery.Everything goes hunki-dori until i get to the sdk compile screen, it spits out a bgl, but it is only ~65kb and does not have any effect in fs2002.Here is a copy of the folder heirachy:original 1024 bmp : perthtesttutorial1.bmp.inf file gets put into perthtestscenery.tmf file winds up in perthtest256 bmp textures are put into perthtestscenery (by the program)bgl winds up in perthtestsceneryhere is a copy of my .inf file[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002ADDON SCENERYPERTHTEST" SourceFile = "tutorial1.bmp" Lat = -32.000000 Lon = 116.000000 NumOfCellsPerLine = 1024 NumOfLines = 1024 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00005085720486110168 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004319118923611087 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000 SampleIsCentered = 0 MakeBMP = 0 BlockWidth = 0[Destination] DestDir = "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002ADDON SCENERYPERTHTEST" DestBaseFileName = "tutorial1" UseSourceDimensions = 1Does anyone know what im doing wrong???Also i found this afternoon a fs2002-specific one-page html tutorial, and before i realised where i found it i had closed it.. does anyone know the name of this tut or where i got it from ( its done to be part of the terrabuilder downloads)Anyway thanks for any helpCheersJarrad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

u won't see textures unless they're in a texture directory.B

Yer I moved them to the /texture directory, but the program placed them into the /scenery folder.. any reason why??

Misho needs to answer, I haven't used Terrabuilder, I just make terrain using the fs2000 sdk tools directly.Perhaps its cuz the tool resample.exe only makes bmps, and best efficiency is enjoyed after they are converted to dxt1 (with alpha). Maybe Misho's thinking was to put them somewhere besides texture, and then u'd convert them from dxt1 and put them into texture.Bob B

>Yer I moved them to the /texture directory, but the program >placed them into the /scenery folder.. any reason why?? ...And Misho answers:If you read the instructions in the "Release Notes" carefully, you would find the following:"You're only 3 click away from creating scenery! Select "resample current setup" button and select the "texture" sub-folder of your main working directory. this will ensure that the resampled textures are located in the proper place. Name an INF file anything you wish."Resample will deposit textures where INF file resides - that's why I specified to save INF file in "texture" directory. If you missed that step, textures would be deposited in wherever INF file was created.I keep stressing that the proper procedure is cruical in the successful creation of hte scenery. I have no choice - SDK is geared in such a way that certain steps must be followed in precise sequence or the whole process breaks down. And people keep doing it their own way assuming certain steps can be omitted or ignored.Misho PS: of course, if the above doesn't work then something else is not set up right, and more likely than not it has to do with windows settings/version, as, for example, the Win XP bug...