Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Coastlines

When will the Version be out that allows you to work with Coastlines? I am waiting with Credit Card in Hand for that one!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I guess the still not released MS Terrain/scenery SDK is the only thing that could tell everyone how to modify coastlines. I am also waiting for that to happen. My scenery is on hold somehowCheersMichel

Hi all.Christian Stock has already solved the coastline riddle with his BGLC-MASM macros for Flatten and Water polygons. We just need a tool that will automatrically produce the proper code for sets of Lat-Long points, and we're all set. Right now, it's all 'hand-coding'. Coastlines are corrected by TMF water polygons, for both shape and elevation.Shorelines ( beaches ) are a different animal. As of yet, we don't know the proper code. Christian is working on FS2002 TMF line decals. Hopefully, a new Terrain SDK will become available to clear up the mystery.

Christian is a hard working person and I was amazed by his findings but unfortunatly to modify a huge surface precisely hand coding is time consuming and depressing in my case :) this is why I wait for the terrain SDK. MS should release it anytime soon now. its been a while since I heard that it will be available soonCHeersMichel

Hi Michel.What's needed for Christian's macros to be effective, is a program to compile an ASM or TXT file from a list of LAT-LONG-HEIGHT sets... much like SCASM's Area16n commands. The code could then be run through MASM or BGLC to produce the BGL file.The ideal interface would allow any combo of convexly positioned points, and reduce that info to the correct macro-based info... enter type ( flatten, water, cfs2water ), height ( ignored for CFS2water ), LAT-LONG point sets. The program would have to set new points at the borders of the {LOD8 / 32} subsections, as it appears all point sets need to be in one subsection. Coding by hand is terrible, but a program could make the calculations and ASM writing automatic.( Note: there may be more TMF polygon types as yet undiscovered... creating new macros ).