Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

Phototerrain Extends question

Hello,I loaded in Phototerrain wizard a 2048x3072 airport layout I painted myslef. The airport shape is diagonal so the rest of the land around it is black and I will try to make the black transparent with imagetool later...Since some portions are out of a full LOD they are cut. Now in order to have a full image showing I need to know how to figure out the full LOD extends. is there any trick or technique to do so? I know the extends of the airport tips but those do not fill a whole lod. So how do I know the closest LOD coord so the airport fall exactly where it should be ? This might foce me to enlarge the size of the layout image as well?Also I noticed that the final cut images are resized to 256x256 while my photoreal image permits 512x512 sharp ones so is there a way to tell terrabiulder to cut them 512 and not resize them to 256? ThanksMichel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you just put in a temporary phototerrain image that covers the entire area you want to redo, you will get a project file that you can then open up and use the cursor at high magnifications to get the exact extends you are interested in. Then you can redo your real image with full knowledge of the extends you need, (I assume to match up roads, etc)