Sign in to follow this  

Probs with photo terrain

After following Misho's instructions carefully (three times) I am unable to generate scenery files for a mosaic of satellite photos I'm working on. I'm using Windows XP Pro with Terrabuilder Lite. Everytime I press "save and view INF file" it asks me where to save but then I get a blank file viewed in Notepad. I am unable to go on. Help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,there is an XP problem with TerraBuilder: All the commands the TB writes into DOS window are in quotation marks and for some reason XP does not likethat.Do you have an access to the computer with a different OS? If so, try it there and if it goes, then the problem is XP. I will have an update to this hopefully shortly.

I have just tried the same process under Windows ME (I have a dual boot PC) and the same problem happens: a blank INF file. Any ideas?

I had a few problems under Windows ME as well. An alternative program for making scenery from photos (FS2002 only) is Elrond's Resample tools. You could try that instead if you're keen to get started!I'll try to post a URL to it when I've found it again...

Thanks, I would appreciate the URL of the resample tools.

There is a download link on this page:http://www.simuvuelo.org/pags06/tutorial.htmYou will also need Martin Wright's 'convim' to batch convert the resulting image slices into DXT1 format:http://www.mnwright.freeserve.co.uk/programs/convim.htm(Also, you might want to take a look at the recent thread on 'Preventing Resampling' before you resample to 4.8m/pixel. I'd be curious to see if anyone else agrees or disagrees with my findings, or whether I was just stating the obvious!)