Sign in to follow this  

Seasonal Textures

Hi all, I got a satallite photo, coloured it, then ran it through Terrabuilder lite to create all the little BMP squares, I then put it through Annotator and put a whole heap of houses and tress on it..It looks really good now :-)My query is: How can I get all the different seasons to show up..One thing I did try was to re-colour the satallite image again to a different seasons colour, and then re-run it through terrabuilder lite again (except for the build BGL), then rename all the resulting BMP's with the season extension, but unfortunatly this didn't seem to work..Anyone got any ideas please?? :-zhelpRegards - John...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In your .inf file, add the following line:withseasons=1Note that if you have any missing seasons, you'll get grey squares.Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your solution....Will get on it first thing in the morning and give it a go :-) - the poor brain doesn't work too good after 2300, so gonna give it a rest until morning :-)Regards - John...

Real silly question...Where do I add the "withseasons=1" line??Here is the inf file:&l;Source&r; Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "J:terra-stuff" SourceFile = "new-sat-map-3.bmp" Lat = -43.452778 Lon = 172.462203 NumOfCellsPerLine = 2532 NumOfLines = 3353 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00005946879936808984 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004319266328660820 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000 SampleIsCentered = 0 MakeBMP = 0 BlockWidth = 0&l;Destination&r; DestDir = "J:terra-stuff" DestBaseFileName = "new-sat-map-3" UseSourceDimensions = 1Regards - John...

Second question if I may...Once I know where to place that line and I save the file, what the heck do I do after that?? - If I hit resample in terrabuilder it overwrites the inf file I had just edited....(As you can probably guess I real new at this :-) )Regards - John...

I think adding the withseasons=1 line at the end of your .inf file above should be fine.I use the resample tools directly, so maybe someone else has a suggestion on how to do it in Terrabuilder, otherwise this is what I do:-Copy resample.exe and tmf2bgl.exe to the same folder as your .inf file, and then open a DOS window and type the following (think this is right of the top of my head!)...> cd J:terra-stuff> resample.exe your_inf_file.infThis will make a tmf file, which you need to convert to a new bgl> tmf2bgl.exe generated_tmf_file.tmf whatever.bglThen just copy the resulting bgl into your scenery folder. You can probably just throw away the new .bmp files that get created, as I assume you've already generated them in Terrabuilder. If this doesn't work you'll need to use 'convim' or 'imagetools' to convert the new bmp files to DXT1 format and put them in your textures folder.Let me know how you get on!

Hmmm, hokay, thanks, I'll go see if I can do what you said (grin) - I found the two files you mentioned in the fs2000 terrain SDK, so I presume that I use those :-)Will let ya know how I get on....Regards - John...

Yup, that worked perfectly... - I used the textures I created in terrabuilder, and everything showed up.. (although I have had to redo all my colour schemes as they weren't the same as the Microsofts defaults...Thanks very much for your help... much appreciated....Regards - John...