Sign in to follow this  

Night lighting

Hi all,Is the only way to get the night textures, by using the Withseasons = 1 and season = lightmap commands in the *.inf? The night textures are ok, but I wasn't planning on haveing to do all of the seasons.Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As far as I know, it is. If you don't include the other seasons, you get grey squares instead.You can, of course, just rename your summer textures, but the files will take a lot of space. (Shame Windows doesn't have file links/aliasing like Unix ;)If it snows where your scenery is based, it may well be worth doing the hard winter textures separately anyway. You can do this quite easily by messing with the brightness and contrast of the tiles to make a snow-covered effect.

>Hi all, >Is the only way to get the night textures, by using the >Withseasons = 1 and season = lightmap commands in the *.inf? >The night textures are ok, but I wasn't planning on haveing >to do all of the seasons. >Phil Hi Phil,You are correct, it is only neccessary to include SU amd LM textures to have night effects for all seasons.Regards,Chris Wilkes

Thanks, that's what I thought. Would be so bad I one only flew in the summer. I guess I could just rename the *su.bmp textures to what ever the season may be or copy, rename and use 256x256 resolution.Thanks just the same,Phil C.