Sign in to follow this  

Scenery creation for FS2000?

Hello,Newbie alert! :-hmmmI am taking the first steps to make scenery with TerraBuilder (v. 1.97.07/2.0beta), following the newer tutorial (not those on the web site).It's a lot of fun! And I have so far indeed succeeded to make a very simple scenery for FS2002. However, it does not show up at all in FS2000, and I'd like to have it there (for a friend who still runs FS2000). As this whole mesh thing is new to me, I am not quite clear what the relevant differences between FS2000 and FS2002 are. (Apart from FS2000 digesting only 256 colour textures, I believe).I tried "PhotoWizard" and "PhotoTerrain", but both to no effect (in FS2000)It seems to me that the instructions in the new Quick Tutorial coming with the program refer mainly (exclusively?) to FS2002. But surely it is still possible to make FS2000 scenery?Which guidelines do I have to follow to achieve that? Or do I have to go back to an older version of TerraBuilder perhaps?Thanks in advance for any tips!Greetings,Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Download and go through Tutorial 1 - PhotoWizard. The PhotoTerrain tutorial indeed refers to FS2002 - FS2000 will not handle the new texture formats - as far as I know.PhotoWizard creates scenery that has a lot of shortcomings - texture cracks, visibility problems, surface "fall through" - but it does work. I would however suggest you save yourself a headache and move over to FS2002. Onwards with the progress!!

Hello again,OK, following your advice I managed to create Isla Misho in the FS2000 Adriatic! :-waveLots of little things still to sort out (e.g. it sits on a blue square instead of rising out of the sea :-)), but now we're definitely getting there.Thanks for getting me going, I really appreciate such prompt support directly from the author!> I would however suggest you save yourself a headache and move over > to FS2002. Onwards with the progress!!Yes, after waiting for my customary 9-12 months (let others sort out the wrinkles :-)), I actually joined the ranks of Progress (whom I generally distrust) and transitioned to FS2002. But this project is for a friend who currently cannot obtain the next generation of hardware which is mandatory for each new FS version...(Although I do admit that with FS2002 they have indeed done a good job as to performance.)Thanks again, cheers,MartinMartin E.