Sign in to follow this  

"Bad Command or Filename"

HiI'm running FS2k2 terrabuilder lite.I'm following the tutorial with TB and have got all the way to the point where I have to press the resample current setup button.Doing this Iget a DOS box saying "Bad command or filename""Press any key to continue"Now, i have the FS2k Terrain SDK and TB knows where it is. Can anyone help me please?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What OS are you running? If you're running WinXP, this would be the "WinXP Bug"

OK,Re-check all the steps very carefully - it is imperative that you follow the instructions to the letter. Skipping a step or saving something into a different directory will give you an error.

Hello Rory,I, too, am running Windows 98 and get the same results as you.Perhaps TerraBuilder is sensitive to hardware configurations, as others running the same OS do not have the problem.You could try Elrond's FS Resample Tools (beta) that work for me. Just do a search in this forum for the link (about 5 or 6 months ago.)Best regards.Luis

Thanks, i'll try that.My config works under 2K as an OS. Dows anyone know what file is trying to be run here? If it is OS specific, i think it is a problem with pathing and it not being picked up correctly.Thoughts anyone?Rory

No, sorry, reloaded it and followed the instructions to the letter. Still doing the same thing!Help!

I use the basic tools resample.exe and tmf2bgl.exe that are what really is creating the results in phototerrain. This means, I write my .inf files directly. To my knowledge, terrabuilder is only a friendly front end to these tools. So, I can't help you with terrabuilder questions, but I know the inf files well. if you print the resulting inf file, I may be able to spot a problem in the code.Bob Bernstein

For some reason, some hardware setups just do not like executing scripts from the DOS shell, which is what TB does and it is the only way of using the Terrain SDK. INF file is simply a script that SDK tools execute. Since my setup works fine, I have no way of determining the problem. Unfortunately, until someone with this problem figures out how to overcome it, I have no way of fixing it.The same thing happened with the WinXP and the quote marks problem - Now that I know what it is, I have a fix in the works.

Thanks. I'll keep digging and i'll see what i come up with!