Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 WIN2000 PRO TerraBuilder????

OK I have managed to get some good aerial photo's. Managed to get the size thing worked out and into TerraBuilder, but how do I now make the scenery display in FS2002?The tiles have been produced but Imagetool from both the old FS2000 SDK, and the new one from FS2002 Gmax tutorial SDK don't work in Terrabuilder. I could manually get them into DXT1 format but how do I get FS2002 to see the new tiles?I have read all of the tutorials and notes that I can find, including searching this forum, but still can't do it.Anyone please help?I use a Win2000 Pro on a 1GHz Pentium with 512Mb of memory. I have FS2002 Pro.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have no idea where you are in the process.please post your .inf file, and the following:source image pixel size x,ylongitude and latitude of your photos northwest corner.Then we can see if you are correct up to the .inf file stage.Bob Bernstein

Sorry for the delay in replying. Relations visited for day meaning no FS for the day.Anyway, I have kind of solved the first part of my problem. WIN2000 dosn't process the dos routines for me. I have therefore switched to another computer with WIN98 on.I have been able to run the instructions given in the help file TerraBuilder2.htm and it worked although my optimisum in saying that I had worked out the image resolution was wishful thinking as the resultant lanscape is distorted and not that close to the correct point.I enclose inf file and other info as requested:-[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "C:Program FilesTerraBuilderTerraBuilder LITEmydata" SourceFile = "Lersamp.bmp" Lat = 51.626370 Lon = -0.850210 NumOfCellsPerLine = 839 NumOfLines = 800 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00006943318765726401 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004319166666666874 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000 SampleIsCentered = 0 MakeBMP = 0 BlockWidth = 0[Destination] DestDir = "C:Program FilesTerraBuilderTerraBuilder LITEmydata" DestBaseFileName = "Lersamp" UseSourceDimensions = 1The original image is 1946 x 1334 and the top left corner is at N51:37:34.932W0:52:38.33Any help you can give would be very welcome.