Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Is it possible to change the speed and fuel characteris

I have both AirEd and FDedit but I can not seem to find the right place to do the edits.Your help is very much appreciated.Thank you very much.Danzian

Maybe I was not more detailed. I have an a/c that cruises at .76M @ 95%N1, it should be .76M @ 84% N1. It feels like the aircraft is going to explode in any second, you know.It burns much less fuel in an hour than it is supposed to. I'm not a real pilot but I received the data from the real pilot for DC-9. That's the plane I'm talking about. Can FDedit/AirEd change those default settings for the a/c I have? Or is it .mdl issue?Your help is very much appreciated.Thank you very much.Danzian

hi Danzian,As for fuel consumption of jet aircraft, I use MS default Aircraft editor. Chose flight dynamics from side menu and hit jet eng tab. Adjust fuel flow scaler. Changing the value smaller result in less fuel burn at a given configulation and make it bigger for oposit.As an example, a third party's 747-200 had value about 0.7 but I changed it to 0.82. Since I had a good referrence of fuel burn of 747, I could have verify the change was appropriate. Speaking roughly, 747-200 with PW's 7Q engine burn approx. 20,000lbs at cruise.In case of editing FS98 aircraft, I use FDE and change value of fuel consump base in 98 jet eng section. I think most of 98 air file shows defualt 400 of value.Hope this helps.Yuki

Thank you very much for your help, Yuki.I will give it a try. It should work.Would you know how to adjust its' N1 value? It is very high for any a/c to be cruising at its normal cruise speed @ 95% N1. I'd like it be between 84-86%.Thank you so much for your help, Yuki. I appreciate your help.Danzian

Be very careful using MS Aircraft Editor, it will write to your *.air and aircraft.cfg file. It sometimes has a mind of its own, I guess it thinks it has a PHD in aerodynamics. It sometimes makes the aircraft fly like the designer flunked out of college!!