Sign in to follow this  
toprob

Batch convertion to DXT1

Since upgrading to WinXP I've had to manually convert Terrabuilder's tiles to DXT1 + mipmaps. Is there a way to batch-process these?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you have "water" in the tiles then it may be advisable to use ConvDXT instead (on the Beta page)This uses non-nVidia code for the conversion so won`t fall over with "problem" images. However it messes up the detail of the lower mips if you are using data that has been 8 bit at any time during its life.The MS Imagetool from FS2002 Pro will also do batch conversions. If you have no "water" then you can convert to DXT1 with it. If you do have water then this needs to be mapped to transparency (Alpha) which means you would need to convert the water-bearing tiles to Targa first and apply the required transparency before passing through imagetool.One compromise might be to Batch through ConvDXT first and then Batch the resulting files through imagetool. You can force Imagetool to re-create the Mips so only the Main image remains from the ConvDXT conversion.

Thanks for the info guys.I had cropped my scenery to exclude the coast line, but now I've extended it a bit, just to see what happens :)