Sign in to follow this  
Guest julesta

WINDOWS 2000 & Terrabuilder 3 Questions

I have been trying to get Terrabuilder working from Windows2000 Pro. Keep getting the message from the DOS window :-Out of environment spaceBad Command or FilenameCan Terrabuilder, or the FS2000 Terrain SDK programs, work in Windows 2000?Or have I the problem associated with the knowledge space article:-DOS Command Line Is Missing the First Character (Q257404)?Or am I wasting my time and need Win98 to run Terrabuilder??It would be a shame if I have to go to Win98 as I get better results from WIN2000 and its a pain when developing scenery to have to keep rebooting the machine to different operating systems.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Solved one thing already :-The environment space for command.com in WINDOWS 2000 was set at auto. After searching the web found instructions on how to set it to a higher value.1. Right click the My Computer icon.2. Select Properties and click on the Advanced tab.3. Select the Environment Variables.4. Select the ComSpec variable under System variables and select Edit.5. The line should look something like this:- C:WINDOWSsystem32COMMAND.COM /e:2048 note the /e:2048 switch if that isn't there add it.6. Select OK as many times to complete the task and return to Windows. I can now use resample and imagetool so hope that explanation helps someone else.However, TMF2BGL gives me the DOS error :-Microsoft ® Terrain Mesh File (TMF) to BGL Utility Version 1.0.0.1Copyright © Microsoft Corp 1999. All Rights Reserved.Failed to open [le1024.tmf]Press any key to continue . . .Any ideas???

Are you sure that yo have a TMF file ? It looks like your TMF it

You may be right Julio as I cannot find the TMF file.This is the INF file :-[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "C:Program FilesTerraBuildercolin-data" SourceFile = "le1024.bmp" Lat = 51.626100 Lon = -0.850375 NumOfCellsPerLine = 1024 NumOfLines = 1024 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00005898980034722227 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00002606879340277812 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000 SampleIsCentered = 0 MakeBMP = 0 BlockWidth = 0[Destination] DestDir = "C:Program FilesTerraBuildercolin-data" DestBaseFileName = "le1024" UseSourceDimensions = 1Hope you find the solution.Thanks in advance.

Actually I have tried it again and checked before running TMF2BGL and I do have a TMF file. Does it get removed when TMF2BGL is run?However, still get same error message.

OK friend. The problem is that your INF is wrong. IT

Write Source at the beginning of the first block between brackets Destination in the second between bracketsI don

Hi again JulioI looked at my INF file and it does have the &l;Source&r; and &l;Destination&r; flags there. However, still the same error when I run TMF2BGL from Terrabuilder. I will try to manually run TMF2BGL to see if that works.You are right about the forum not displaying words between square brackets unless you use the special codes shown in the HTML Reference when writing an email. Hopefully you should see the correct brackets above.

OK I have managed to manually run TMF2BGL to create the correct BGL file. I think my problem with running it from Terrabuilder has something to do with PATHS I will experiment further.This is a screen shot of one part of the area I have been working on. As you can see the orientation is not quite right. I had assumed that the images were north facing. But even if that were not I used the 2 Point Calibration function in Terrabuilder and I thought that would re-oriented the textures?Should I have done this myself before submitting the texture to Terrabuilder?

Well after some experimentation i.e. checking the Lat/Long of my texture maps in FS2002 then comparing with real world co-ordinates I have concluded that FS2002 default scenery, in my area anyway, is not good. Terrabuider has placed them exactly where they should be. Now how do I remove, or correct, FS2002 airports?Actually the M40 motorway is also in the wrong position in FS2002, but at least my textures cover that up.I think I might add this as a new question in the forum.

Hi Colin:I can see that you could resample your INF. I think that it