Sign in to follow this  

MS Oshkosh scenery, anyone knows how...?

Hi,I wonder if you noticed in the Oshkosh scenery released lately by MS, the photoreal layout of the airport and the surrounding area fades nicely into the default terrain textures unlike other photoreal add ons I saw around and wich are simply a rectangle or box that does not blend with the surrounding like Oshkosh scenery does.Presuming they used Resampler.exe method. So if we use Alpha Chanel to errase the parts we do not want to show we will get water where the Alpha Channel is aplied, is that right? So how did they do to blend it with the default ground textures you think?CheersMichel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Michael,I gave this question further to Martin Wright and here is the answer, I agree with.----------------------------------------Martin, please have a look to TB-Forum. There is the same Question I have. Is it possible to make transparency resampled textures, but not water? Peter-----------------------------------------I`m afraid they have just done it by merging default textures in to their main image before resampling. Look at the first Oshkosh su texture alphabetically and then take a look at the 007B2su2.bmp in scenedbworldtexture

That seems to be what they have done. I spotted several identical textures amongst them and the first one I checked was also pixel-for-pixel identical to one of the default textures.Without digging through all 650 textures (and doing comparisons with the 2500 textures in scenedbWorld ) I would bet money that they have used either a grab of the existing area as the basis of their main image or placed a ring of appropriate default textures around the edges and then blended the photoreal image manually before resampling.