Sign in to follow this  

MISSING AIRCRAFT DETAILS

I am using FS202, Pro and all but two of the default aircraft and AI generated aircraft are lacking paint jobs and details like windows, etc. I have been going round and round with Microsoft with no improvement. My computer has a 3DFXVOODOO3 card and MS said to first download DirectX 8.1 and the latest drivers for my card. I downloaded the DirectX 8.1, but 3DFX is no longer inbusiness. There is an unofficial site where there are tons of downloads available, but not being to smart about these things it is very confusing. MS suggested the file Voodoo3 1.041 Beta, which I downloaded but it has not helped. MS says there is nothing they can do. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions anyone?

Sorry to say this but you are at the limit for the Voodoo3 card. You are only going to get the basic graphics textures on most of the aircraft. If you have not been to http://www.voodoofiles.com/ , visit them. I was using the CA'sVoodoo3Win9x-1.08.00-XP.exe. The voodoo4 & 5 drivers will work also, try x3dfx_V5_Win9X_1.08.04.zip. Just a NOTE, these are for Win9X. If you have later OS, try to find equivalents.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have Windows 98. Is this the same as Windows 9X? Will that file you suggest work with Windows 98?Thanks

Yes! When you update to the newer drivers under Win98, it is best to place the graphics card in the Standard VGA Driver mode before you update. You also need to delete the older driver, if you can, from the add/remove programs in Control Panel. If http://www.voodoofiles.com/ didn't provide good instructions in this area, visit http://www.guru3d.com/ for instructions.

PROBLEM SOLVED!You may not beleive this, but as I was reading your response to my question, I got a phone call from a SR. Tech. at Micrsoft about my problem. I had been communicating by e-mail with a regular tech about the problem and he could not solve it and said he was passing it on to someone else. The guy who called today was very familure with FS and my problem and confirmed what you said. I had already downloaded the file and he walked me through the installation. I now have all the planes with wonderfull paint jobs and details.Many thanks to you and the others who responded to my problem.