Sign in to follow this  

Making Photorealistic Scenery

I am having a problem when using Terrabuilder to line up2 pictures I haveBoth pictures are at 4.8 m per pixel as required and I canline them up correctly But after running them both through Terrabuilderand putting the results in FS I find that the two picturesno longer mesh together.The second one although the correct size has actuallystretched and the roads etc no longer line up.Each photo is quite large at 8242x3091 pixels so I cannotmerge them together before using Terrabuilder. Any help would be appreciatedThanksNorm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I mentioned this before in an earlier post, but I'm not sure if anyone picked up on it.I think the dimensions of your images should be a particular fraction of a degree per pixel (can't remember what it is off the top of my head), rather than 4.8m/pixel.Don't know if this helps....

The easyest way to do this is to open 2 seperate windows with Terrabuilder. Prosject 1 in the first and Prosject 2 in the other. Then you can see where the two pictures joines. I have several monitors on one computer so for me this is easy, but you can do this one one monitor. By zooming in in each Terrabuilder window you can match the joints exactly on one pixel.Torgeir Opland

One issue that is present is that no gui using resample.exe can escape the bare fact that only portions of your photo that completely fill an LOD13 grid will display. You may have portions of your photos that overlap the LOD13 edge line, and this may be getting chopped off.I've never tried to line two projects up, but I would assume it would work properly if you make the line between them equal the LOD13 division line..not that your photos can't overlap, but assumeing the border between LOD13 grids is known by you to be where one photo stops and the other starts, you should be ok. Then, do you use the same cellxdim and cellyim...seems likely, but you may need to adjust if you are attempting to fit runways in the two areas that may suffer from different amounts of error.Bob B

i forgot to say that i allways overlap the two pictures with about 350 pixels to avoid that parts of the picture getting chopped off and then you dont have to think about the exact lod 13 grid.T. Opland

Thanks to all the replies, But I managed to solve the problem.For some reason Terrabuilder was not putting in the correct CellXdimensionDegsizewhen I changed it in the .inf file so that for both bmp wheretha same, it worked out 100%Thanks anywaynow back to itCheers Norman