Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

FSTexConv problem

Elrond and all,When using FSTexConverter last night, it refused to process 132 textures I had in my directory. I removed 32 textures, and it worked fine. Then I had to do the last 32 textures in another run.Is this a bug? is there a limit to how many textures at once can be coverted?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A bug maybe... i just used it with 552 slices dxt1+alpha and the process went fine.It did fail once cause I left the slices TB creates in the same directory (the ones unresampled), i believe cause of their size (not 193Kb).

Did you have any other bmp files than the texturefiles in the same directory? I do it this way:create a texture directory for the normal textures (sized 193kb each) named C:texturethen i make one for the alphatextures, C:AlphaThis directories must contain nothing more than the texturefiles and the alphatexturefiles - and the filenames must match.for this i have never had any errormessages - even with 500+ textures in each folder.Torgeir Opland

Hi Misho,Beyond any undiscovered bug, there are no limits to the number of textures you can convert now that Martin has his fixed DLLs out (and you are using the latest release version 1.03 of my tool).One note to keep in mind: if you use the older Nvidia method, some textures may be left unconverted because of the bug in their code. If you use the FS2K2 method, no textures will be skipped. When you use the Nvidia method and textures are skipped, the tool will separate the converted textures into a "Done" folder from the non-converted so its easier simply to re-run and convert the un-converted with the FS2K2 method.What was the layout of textures you were converting (folder names, etc)? What do you mean exactly that it "refused to process"? What was the error or (return code if in a batch file) that it gave if any? As long as there are two separate folders with the alpha and main textures, and the output folder isn't either of those, it shouldn't have a problem. As stated above: it looks in the main "base" folder for a bmp filename, then looks in the alpha folder for an identical filename, then meshes these together to the output folder.If you've found a bug I'll be on it, but I need a bit more info.Thanks,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Elrond,Sure - The message in a small dialog box was:"Invalid BMP file"(or something very similar)It kept happening, so it wasn't a fluke. However - I think I have some sort of a memory leak in TB, because often when I engage the resampler, it says that "It failed to load BMP file". Then I restart my computer, re-load the project and it works. I hate these.I would tend to think that it is my system that is doing this, rather than your app (and I know how mush programmers LOVE to hear that ;-) ). I'm still on Win98, and I'm looking into a WinXP dual boot setup.