Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Progress

I finally constructed a scenery last night that contained water surfaces AND night lighting (with water surfaces!). Also, I used the 2-pont calibration method in TB to precisely align the default runway with the image - the accuracy was unbelievable! The runway showed up with all the buildings, taxiways and lights.The process is a bit complicated and it took a while to figure it out. For example, I ended up with 3 TMF files! Which isthe right one? It is the one created with LightMap textures, because there is a directive in it that activates the season (as a lightmap).I'm implementing all this into TB but it will be more complicated than I thought at first.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Misho wrote: "I ended up with 3 TMF files! Which isthe right one?"All of them. it doesnt matter. yust pick one. But the inf that created the tmf file must have the season command in it.Torgeir Opland

That was actually a rhetorical question - I answered it already. Yes - the one that has season command in it is the one that was used for the LM textures !

Hi Misho:You wrote: "the accuracy was unbelievable!!!". Well, I think that if you

Hi Julio,>Are you resolved the platform around the default airports of >FS2002 ? The custom textures will replace the default textures - That is all! That means that the airport and the surroundings will stay exactly the same as far as runway/lighting/towers/fuel/ etc. That's the beauty of it... If you're careful, you can get 100% alignment!The project I did was a patch of Cape Canaveral, with the Shuttle Landing Facility as the airport.While the runway aligned perfectly, the fuel box and some taxyways were slightly off, because they were obviously approximated in the default scenery. Still - a very good match. Also, VAB (Vertical Assembly Building) and the Space Shuttle pads were slightly off. I would probably exclude these and re-design them in the proper places.

you'll find a two point method will work best when you are using the ends of a runway, and the runway is correctly placed in the default. It gets more exciting when you attempt to capture an area big enough for two runways, as the errors will multiply, and adjustment of cellydim or cellxdim to acheive both a desired fit for both runways and still have the nw corner pegged properly is a challenge. Then of course, once in a while the runways will be a few degrees off in the default, and this shows up dramatically when you are fitting a photo around them. Course, this is the challenge we all face, and its cool to hear that you are getting good results Misho...Bob Bernstein

Hahahahaha! LOL!Nothing a resourceful designer can't deal with.If the runways are "off" by a few degrees, It is fairly easy to adjust (rotate) that on the bitmap -much easier than to modify default...