Sign in to follow this  
Guest Francis

Texture convertion, diferent resolutions

Hello all,I finally manage to work with the snapshot method although I have an added problem, my airports are close to the coast line.I made what is supposed to be the sea all black, and even made the same texture just as an alpha texture, white and black to cut it in slices.I converted the textures with the Martin Wright utility but I always get a burn edge, I did the same with the Elrond utility and the alpha file and te edge is perfect but the I see that with this method the texture resolution has degraded so one sees the difference with the around default FS2002 textures.Any one could confirm that or I

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may have done one thing wrong, but beyond that you will want to simply manage this effect. The one thing to look for is ANY use of either anti-aliasing or feathering in your selection tool or paint tool when you made the alpha channel.I "manage" this effect by painting my source image a color I am willing to see a bit of. I usually use a beach color tan for my water areas in my main image, so I can't tell when there is a bit of slop showing.Bob Bernstein