Sign in to follow this  

Help first time user

I have 2 questions to ask.1. I found a map of a satellite view of a part of NYC. Here it ishttp://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/ima...y=2819&z=18&w=1How am I supposed to figure out the min, max latitude and min, max logitude of this map? Any ideas or websites that might helpful?2. In the Microsoft SDK Builder when I click on Resample Current Setup a dos screen shows up and says'"C:Documents and SettingsMy Picturestextureresample.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue . . .After I press a key a TMF file is NOT created. I am not able to find any tmf file. How can I correct this? I tried looking for my Terrain SDK in my C drive but could locate it. So I take Misho's word where he says "Terrain SDK is available for download from MS Flight Simulator site and it must be installed before TerraBuilder can use it." I could not find a link for FS 2002 Terrain SDK. Anyone have it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I downloaded the FS 2000 Terrain SDK because it works for the FS2002. I also corrected the second part where I get the dos error "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" I put all the applications now in the same folder. But when I run Resample Current Setup a .tmf is still not created. Don't know why?And can someone also answer the first part of my question? Thanks.

Ok, I figured out problem 1 I used the info button in the Terra Server to find out the latitudes and longitudes. I have some maps in my home that I'd like to scan some small towns but don't know the coordinates for that. Guess I'd have to figure that one out too. But I'm still having problems with the Resample Current Setup. It's not creating a .tmf file.Here is the directory I saved it to:C:ProgramFilesFS2000 SDK2 subfolders called License and Terrain also has the resample.exe. I'm saving all my .bmp pictures into the Terrain folder. In the Terrain folder there are 2 additional subfolders called: scenery and texture. I moved the tmfmerge.exe, tmf2bgl.exe, tmfcompress.exe into the new texture sub folder. I am saving my .inf files into this texture sub folder. When I run the Resample Current Setup there are no .tmf files created. Anyone know how I can fix this?

I was hoping you would read the "relaese notes" like I asked you to.Instead, you are doing things that cause software to stop functioning. For instance, you are moving *.exe files around - why? TerraBuilder expect them in the location you specify - if you move the files - they will not be found!In the release notes, I specified: "Create a new folder and place your source bitmap in it". DON'T put that bitmap into the "Terrain" folder. And DON'T move the EXE files around.I can help you only if you stick to the instructions I provided. I can't be expected to fix something that was caused by you not following instructions. That's why the instructions are there.So please, once again: Go through the RELEASE NOTES and stick to the instructions PRECISELY to the letter. If you get stuck, repeat the process several times to make sure you didn't miss something. Then, if you get stuck repeatedly atthe same spot, give us a call with a legitimate problem. There are plenty of people in the Forum, including myself, that will jump in and help.Aso, what OS are you running? Some people report problems with WinXP setups.

I'm still having problems it's not creating the tmf file. I'm reading the release notes step by step now. I'm running Windows 2000. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Terrain SDK application. Here is the new directoryc:fs2000sdk2 subfolders license and terrainthe Terrain subfolder has the 4 applications:resample, tmf2bgl, tmfcompress, tmfmerge. I left all the applications the way they are. I made a new folder in my drive for my .bmp pictures which is C:PicturesThis has 2 folders scenery and texture. After running the Resample Current Setup I save my inf file into the texture subfolder then dos screen comes and says."Microsoft ® Terrain Mesh File (TMF) Creation Tool Version 1.0.0.1Copyright © Microsoft Corp 1999. All Rights Reserved.Resample Info File: 'C:Picturestexturenyc.inf'Press any key to continue . . ."I then press enter but no .tmf file is created. What's the deal?