Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Misho...

I am new to modelling terrain but I hear that your product is exactly what I need (already purchased btw).I have an area that is approx 2 million square miles that needs to be texture mapped with custom terrain. I presently use Architect 2002 but it is unable to deal with any type of elevation, which presents a problem with the many airports in that area. Also, I understand that loading two sets of textures is inefficient.The new SDK says something about being able to "replace default textures with custom textures", which to my understanding, loads my textures atop the existing elevation mesh. My question would then be, how do I use TB to do this in a highly automated fashion, and then how do I position all the macros in the scenery if I rely on being able to place them using Architect 2002 by seeing the photoscenery tiles?I hope you can take the time to walk me through this. I don't know very much about terrain at all :-)ThanksEnrique

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Enrique,You can do precisely what you want in TB - replace default textures with your own. The will not sit on top of default, but be replaced altogether. the topography will be retained, as will all default 3-d objects, Except autogen (for now). If you want to insert custom 3D objects, you need to do so in some other software, and have a separate BGL file for that.A "walk through" is detailed in the "Release Notes" of the TerraBuilder package, it should have opened when you first installed TB, and you can again find it "Start|Programs|TerraBuilder".Go through it and CAREFULLY follow all the steps - do NOT skip any steps or do something on your own (like move files around).