Sign in to follow this  
Guest Francis

no show...

hi misho, hi everyone,Ive been trying TB on and off for a couple months...Im not really that stupid, but ive followed the turorial to the letter to no avail.im trying to place a sat photo. ive tried everything and it just wont work, im hoping im missing something easy...I get all the way through photowiz it produces my textures, it produces an INF, a TMF, and a BGL. Ive created a folder with scenery and texture subs and enabled in library...sigh...im using xp and d/l'd the latest TB.well heres my inf[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "C:Documents and SettingsJoeMy DocumentsMy Pictures" SourceFile = "upfbf1024.bmp" Lat = 40.044228 Lon = -73.000000 NumOfCellsPerLine = 1024 NumOfLines = 1024 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00005630696614583597 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004319118923611087 ScaleinMeters = 1.000000 SampleIsCentered = 0 MakeBMP = 0 BlockWidth = 0[Destination] DestDir = "C:Documents and SettingsJoeMy DocumentsMy Pictures" DestBaseFileName = "upfbf1024" UseSourceDimensions = 1does this tell you my problem? any advice im losing it!thanks guysodog

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

your inf file compiles just fine, so its not the problem. I suspect TB still isn't working perfect with winxp...although Misho had done something to help this, I thought.One workaround is to just finish the work manually.Take the resample.exe and tmf2bgl from the fs2000 terrain sdk (Note fs2000 NOT fs2002) and put them in a dir with the inf file and the source image.Then type at the command prompt:resample filename.inf (using your real file name, of course)You should now see a handfull of textures, 193kb and a upfbf1024.tmf file.now type at the command prompt:tmf2bgl upfbf1024.tmf filename.bgl (you can name "filename" as you wish)Now you should see a bgl file.bgl to scenery, textures convert to dxt1 and put in texture.....Bob B

thanks for the help guys...but its still not working.I manually ran my inf thru resample it created 193kb textures and a tmf...tmf2bgl=fine, converted to dxt1 w/mipsmoved files to addonscenery/fbf/scenery and textureenabled in librarymaybe xp is not letting this happen...it sure seems like ive done everything right...everything compiles fine...at a loss.Im going to try one more thing, my source file is 9 digs long...i think i remember it can only be 8...grasping at staws here.odog

I thought it was just me!My posting has not got a reply, but I have had the same problem using the latest TB light and I have reinstalled '98, ME, XP and now back to ME again. Tried to get the most recent of all addons but still now joy. I wanted someone to respond by e-mail just to make sure I had the critical basics correct,....maybe soon. Will be watching here for answers.

Just a thought You have put in the correct co-ords for where you are looking at?I had the same problem once as I was doing an area in New Zealandbut after loading it into FS could not fine anything.After trying quite a few times I realised that instead of puting inLat -34 , Long 174 I was puting in Lat - 34 Long 147I must have looked at it 20 times before I saw what was wrong and thenI even entered in it the same againCheers Norman

Hello,Regarding Windows XP I run TB with it and it goes fast and reliable, so it must be something else.I do not know much about all this but could it be that the size of your BMP is too small?Just check this, load the BMP in TB and go to a known position in the map, a position you know the exact coordinate, then use the calibrate one point function, put the Lat, Long there and in scale just put 4.8, the result is going to be different from the exact size and real dimensions of the landscape but at least you