Sign in to follow this  

BMP with a white area convert to a transparent area

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

neither way will work using the techniques we've worked out so far. The only method I've heard about that creates transparency is the tmf land/water mask polygons that Rhumbaflappy, Chris, and Lee have been studying....check that out on scenery design forum, and read Rhumbaflappy's tutorials, be prepared, its ALL using BGLC code.Good luck,Bob Bernstein

I would like to know about this too! Could there be a similarity to the way aircraft have 'clear' windows, or can a specific color be selected? What is the -alpha flag with imagetool.exe?, or the -mask? Rob Stanford.

It is possible to overlay "decals" (stickers) on top of existing textures. I will look into implementing automation for this in TerraBuilder, but not in this version.

Hi all.Textures used with photoreal BGLs use the alpha channel for water.VTP Method1 TDF polygons use the alphachannel for transparancy. You can use 'slices' form the resample process in VTP Method1. An interesting technique could be to use VTPm1 at the edge of a photoreal area. and using the alpha channel to feather blend the bitmap to the default landclass underneath.I haven't tried VTP Method2 with transparency yet. One problem I discovered with all VTPs, are that seasons are not possible with custom textures, although the SDK says they are... unless Christian Stock, or someone else, has discovered the secret.Dick

Thanks for the comments Dick!Do you have an 'English' version of what you said????????..it sounds good though.I am still getting my head around the basics of scenery design and boy!, what a strange bunch of words. So we don't wast your time, do you know of any text explaining this in greater detail? Rob Stanford

Hi Rob.The FS2002 Terrain SDK and about a hundred AVSIM posts will keep you reading for a while!:)Dick