Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Almost there!

Folks, after feverish testing and trials, I'm at the point where I finaly have a one-button solution to the photoreal process. This has been SUCH a difficult process, namely because MS decided to issue a new SDK that did not improve things, alas, it only complicated them. My solution is to use OLD resampler, available for download in Terrain SDK.The reasons? Many! For instance, "withseasons" switch was discarded and replaced with "buildseasons". But "buildseasons" builds all seasons out of ONE image, so you'd have to submit images 6 times for each season and extract only the textures for that season. That's 6x the work on the resampler. "withseasons" switch in the old resample at least does only one season at the time (using "season=" switch).The other reason is the awful job new resampler does on the textures, i.e. blurring, EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT NEEDED.So, in order to have the best efficiency, we'll have to rever to OLD resaple.exe.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Misho. The last few weeks have been very useful to me in understanding what to use and what not to use in creating photoreal scenery. What a shame about the latest resampler. It takes half a step forward then 2 steps backwards.At the end of the day we have to realise that to produce anything for FS2002 requires hard work and dedication. I for one am so impressed by the amout of time you Misho and others in this forum take to make clear what would take me weeks or months of wasted work to see.All power to you.Colin

Thanks Colin,>At the end of the day we have to realise that to produce >anything for FS2002 requires hard work and dedication. Not any more for full photorealistic stuff, with the new release:Specify your seasonal, alpha and lightmap textures (7 in all)Specify position (latitude and longitude)Go and fly! :D