Sign in to follow this  

dolomiti scenery update

Dear friends,this is just to let you know that the scenery for my region, Trentino, Italy, and its great mountains, Dolomiti, is finally ready (after a VERY long time of re-realization due to subtle copyright issues now solved). It will be very soon distributed as a low-priced commercial CD. In the meanwhile, please give a look to a comleteley new snapshot collection at the urlhttp://alpha.science.unitn.it/~oss/msfs2k2/snaps/snaps1.htmlAll the best,Stefano.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Stefano,Simply Amazing. I wish imagery like this was available for more places on Earth. I would certainly like the CD when it is available. Please let us know how to order it!Couple of questions:Is this 4.8 m/pix PhotoTerrain scenery?It looks to me like you are not using alpha method to create default water surfaces. Any reason why not?Did you try to populate the images with Autogen scenery? The dense tree coverage would be definitely a plus!

Hi Misho:I use ortophotos taken at 11,000 MSL (non satellite), 1 m/pixel resolution, downsampled to match the LOD13 directive.I do use the alpha method for water surfaces, but not all of them (small lakes are not included).I did tried to populate with AGN but it's a BIG pain. I have 8,000 textures to work on and, to tell the truth, I am really tired. In a future upgrade I will definitely consider such an improvement!Cheers,Stefano

Hey, that's too much Julio ... you too are doing surely an extremely good work with the Spain scenery!!!Cheers, Stefano.