Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Resample blurs large photos

I notice a strange thing. If I resample a small portion e.g.500x500 of the photo, Resample works fine and no significantloss can be seen. But when I do the same for the whole image,which is about 6000x3500, the result is blurry. I change only the source dimension values, not the source accuracy values, so I don't understand why this happens. The resolution of theimage is 4m.I already found a solution to this: I double the size of theoriginal photo in an image editor and tell Resample that the resolution is 2m. Then I get almost the same sharpness as in theorignal photo.But I would like to know why this happens and has anybody elsenoticed this or even found a cure?-Pekka Martikainen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

New resampler is a mystery to everyone - why it does such a poor job on textures even when it is not neccessary (when the image resolution is close to 4.8 m/pix)It also fills in partial textures with black areas instead of dropping them, which turned out to be a bad thing.Just download FS2000 SDK (available on FS2000 site) and use those tools.