Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Deleted Original Bitmaps

I've used the new TB Lite on a couple of large (8740 x 11652) bitmaps.The scenery generated fine, but the original bitmaps were deleted. After the first one disappeared I made a backup of the original so I didn't lose it.Misho, what is the criteria used for deleting bitmaps from the directories that you used in the phototerrain part of TB? Is there a certain name format you have to use? The files that were deleted were named 0501.bmp and 0502.bmp. Do I need alpha characters in the name to avoid deletion?Frank Smith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I've used the new TB Lite on a couple of large (8740 x >11652) bitmaps. >The scenery generated fine, but the original bitmaps were >deleted. After the first one disappeared I made a backup of >the original so I didn't lose it. >>Misho, what is the criteria used for deleting bitmaps from >the directories that you used in the phototerrain part of >TB? Is there a certain name format you have to use? The >files that were deleted were named 0501.bmp and 0502.bmp. >Do I need alpha characters in the name to avoid deletion? >>Frank Smith Oh, boy. yes - I wanted to delete the bitmaps created and move everything to appropriate folders. Since I know that the bitmaps created start with "0", that's the criteria I use to delete them, except I also put 14 "?" ( as in "delete 0???????????????.bmp" ) behind that so that only filenames that are 15 chars in length and start with zero get deleted. How those two files got deleted, I do not know.In any case, do not put "0" as the first character in the file name.