Sign in to follow this  
nudata

TerraBuilder Works - Now the next issue

My pet peeve is the roads & coastlines. Terrascene 2.1 solves this very well. I have absolutely no problem using it with TerraBuilder. By making the image resolution 4.8 in the project file just before you begin processing it appears to provide decent resolution textures. The roads now follow the valleys instead of climbing the sides of hills. Minor roads also appear where they should. Coastline now are very real.As with all things I now am not satisfied with the included Terrascene/FLY! textures. I prefer the FS2002 textures. Also the integration amongst the textures is not as sophisticated as that of FS2002 when it places the textures itself. Since the texture blending is a function of Terrascene, that problem may not be solved because Terrascene is an unsupported program. Another item is that, in my opinion, the FS2002 textures are visually more appealing than those used with Terascene. I have the generic, the How In The World, and the original base FLY! textures. So, a possible compromise may be the use of FS2002 textures in Terrascene. I realize that blending issues (as I see them) will remain. However, has anyone come up with a process to convert FS2002 textures to be used by Terrascene?Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks...the converter worked flawlessly. Now have a set of FS2002 tesxtures for Terrascene.An item that arises is that there does not seem to be a way to manage landclass values as is done with the FS2002 generic textures from within Terrascene. Need to examine the landclass data files from USGS. Dick