Sign in to follow this  
nudata

No INF File Generated?

What is the typical problem when I fail to get an INF file? Using Photo Terrain Wizard and latest version? I can see the whole bit map ok in the TB window and the scenery errors are the usual cropping comments.Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is how it works:When you create a PhotoTerrain Wizard project, INF file gets generated and it has the same name as the DEFAULT TEXTURE (the one that is specified first, before all the alpha, seasonal and night textures) This texture is assumed to be summer texture.So, the INF file name for the niagara example is:"niagara_falls_su.inf"(because, niagara_falls_su.bmp is the default (assumed summer) texture)The PhotoTerrain wizard info is NOT stored in the usual TerraBuilder PRJ file, but in this INF file. Everything that TB needs to know about the INF set up is read off from the INF file when PhotoTerrain wizard project is loaded.If you DELETE this INF file, you will have to re-do the entire project. You can edit and modify the INF file manually outside TB and the data will be read in next time you load your project.

My problem is that the program just "falls through" the script to run the batch items and ends quickly back at the main display. If I then run from the BGL selection box it tells me that there is no INF file. Dick

Is that happening from the Wizard, or when you re-load the project?

Happens from the Wizard (photo terrain). A PRJ file is created, the four folders are created (all empty), no INF, and then displays the main page. Takes about 2 seconds. I have run successfully several times before. May be a corrupted item so will redownload this morinig. and let you know.DickDick

One thing pops to mind:Do NOT specify a DIFFERENT folder in step 4 of the Wizard. Just click "Finish"

Always just click thru - no changesTried bootstraping, re-download still no inf generated.Tried another bmp and it worked. Did many others all ok. So mystery but working for now...Thanks,DickMay be another XP thingDick