Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

TerraScene Shape Files

I have beenm working with TerraScene from it's birth, however I have asked with little sucess in using US Tiger Shape Data files. I am only wanting to place missing roads and rivers/lakes. I have attempted several, times to do this, howeever the Shape Wizzard leaves me lost. What files do I need to use?I have *lka, *lkb, *lkc, *lkd. *lpy, and *wat.shx, shp, and dbf files.What do I use for key attributes for each?What selections do I use for Options /Land types Day, Night, Water/Lines day, night, and water mask?I ran Terrascene last night and ended up with just solid white or solid black TGA files, no roads or rivers. As I said I only want to make roads rivers and lakes, I selected black for these, and all others as transaprenet Not used for all others. I have made many CD of Fly! scenery with no problems, however I never used Shape files before, but I wantt the latest data and DLG files are no longer updated.PLEASE HELP!richaedlhll@wmconnect.comRichard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Richard,Your query('s) were already answered in the Fly! Dev Forum:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID19/480.htmlColin is trying to help you there - not many people outside that forum can. Colin knows TS pretty well, which is a rarity these days. I'm positive no one in this forum would know better as TS2 is almost wholly unexplored on the FS side.Good luck,Elrond"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."

Elrond;I read Colins reply! His example however was of little help as US County files do not compare, with his examples in either option within the Shape wizzard. I have used TerraScene from it.s birth as I had stated and was trying to get a response from someone who has had sucess with Tiger Shape files. The DLG files are so outdated they are of little use, and are no longer updated. Example a Lake built in the late 70's and opened in 1989 is not in 1994 DLG files the last ones released. I had edited the Fly! files as they were less than 600 mb per tile however at 4.8 Meter pixel they are over 2.5 GB for the three and I have yet found any program that would handle them, including PhotoShop and PSP. I guess I will just remove TerraScene and wait untill programs being mentioned are released or FS Genesis releases his files sometime around Christmas.Richard;