Sign in to follow this  
Guest julesta

What about the adjacent sceneries? Misho...

Hello Misho:What about TB with the adjacent sceneries? If I use several BMP because the BMP is too big... TB makes adjacent sceneries, or It has the same problem like the old TB with imposible sew areas always with a gap between they ? Julio Estefan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'll just pop in here, because I have just finished my first scenery made up of two projects, and I'm very pleased with it!This is what I did:(The first scenery is an old one, I've just joined another to the west of it. A lot of work went into rotating/placing the first scenery, which I won't cover here.)Each project covers a 30 x 40 km area.First, I extended the new bitmap by 600pixels cut from the first bitmap. This seems like a lot, you'd think that bigger than a LOD would not be necessary, but i needed to rotate the whole thing by 2 degrees -- this means that a lot more than you think gets cut off.So, extend, rotate, crop, save.I then loaded up the first project in Terrabuilder and found a prominent feature close to the edge and noted the lat/long values. I then started the new project with guessed values, stopped the automatic processing (just to save time -- it takes a while to process these large images.)Now I found the feature from image 1, and did a single point calibration. Then I noted the start lat/long and began a new project based on those values, this time creating the scenery tiles. Worked first time! I can see the join, but only because I adjusted the colour of both images, and didn't get a perfect match.Using this technique it was possible to miss the join, and end up with a strip of default textures, but I was lucky here. I did expect the two areas to overlap, which I assume wouldn't cause any problems, but when I moved the new textures into the old texture folder there were no duplicated tiles, so obviously no overlap.Here's a pic showing the join.http://www.windowlight.co.nz/ontarget/images/jointiles.jpg

Hello friend:Very interesting, but could to explain it again. I can understand exactly the method. The second area that you did, what coordenates did you use ? The areas cover a LOD 13?...IN your photo it

Guys, this is very simple,If you have two projects that OVERLAP by at least ONE LOD13 quadrant, both projects are going to create a texture (or many textures) that will have the SAME name (because names of the textures actually describe their position). So - all you do is copy the both texture sets into the same folder - the duplicate textures will overwrite. No gaps - but you have to make sure that the two images fit without visible edges.

OK:One BIG bitmap, say, 8192x4096Split into 2:Two bitmaps of 4096x4096, side by side. They seamlessly join in the middle. OK so far?THEN: Select and COPY the LEFT edge of the RIGHT bitmap, say, 400 pixels wide, and ADD it to the RIGHT edge of the LEFT bitmap:Now you have 2 bitmaps:4496x4096 and 4096x4096.Calculate the EAST extents (they changed because you added 400 pixels) (if you are at 4.8m/pix, TB will calculate it automatically in the wizard if you supply WEST extents and the resolution) for your new LEFT bitmap which is now WIDER by 400 pixels. It's RIGHT edge contains the SAME 400-pixel wide area as the RIGHT bitmap. They OVERLAP!!!MAKE SURE they overlap for at least one full LOD quadrant. You may have to add more than 400 pixels or less- just depends where you are.Make 2 projects and run them.There will now be 2 sets of bitmaps, and some of them will be REPEATS (they will be the SAME textures with SAME names) - if you combine them into a single directory, you can overwrite one texture. Both BGL files will reference the same texture and you will be OK.You can even combine two TMFs into a single BGL!!!Is that clear? If not, I can draw pictures for you...

NOW Misho NOW. My brain has worked now. I understood your clear explanation. Thank you friend. And now other question... :-)Julio Estefan