Sign in to follow this  
Guest julesta

New question suggestion to Mr Katulic about TB

Hello again, Misho:When Tb has its work (nice background work indeed), it create a folder named TEMPTEXTURE folder full of bmps. Will be very interesting when the background work finish, to delete that folder.It is not neccesary.About my question before, I think that you must to put something to make that work. It

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>When Tb has its work (nice background work indeed), it >create a folder named TEMPTEXTURE folder full of bmps. Will >be very interesting when the background work finish, to >delete that folder.It is not neccesary. I couldn't do that, because FSTexConv is still converting textures when TB is all done. If I erased these temporary textures, FSTexConv would have nothing to convert. FStexConv is a separate program, and I have no way of knowing when it is done, so that I could erase them. So, they have to stay. Elrond told me that there is a way for FSTexConv to pause terrabuilder and make it wait until it is done, so for next version I will look into that.>>About my question before, I think that you must to put >something to make that work. It

Hi Julio.Misho is exactly right. All the TMF, and the resultant BGL does is to 'bookmark' an LOD13 Area for the texture to be displayed. It cannot be 'adjusted' at all... the LOD bounds are hard coded in the terrain engine. The same TMF can be made with landclass, using value #254 for transparent, and value #252 for the placement of seasonal CUSTOM textures.What is unique about the CUSTOM resampling, is that it produces the properly sized and sliced textures, with the correct names for display. Misho's great program eases that process for us, but it cannot adjust your original image, or correct the coordinates you feed into TerraBuilder.The only thing that can be adjusted are your reference coordinates that you give to TerraBuilder, or the image itself can be manipulated before it is processed by TerraBuilder.. and these things have nothing to do with the way Misho's program functions, or the way resample functions.If an airfield does not line up, either the reference coordinates are wrong, or the image is distorted. With a large source image, the likleyhood of distortion increases expotentially, so that you are almost guaranteed misalignment. The problem is not with Terrabuilder or resample, it is with the original image or the coordinates you are using. I'm thinking there are distortions in your aerial or satellite image and/or it's georeferencing, and that is the problem. Or else the problem lies with the placement of the default runways. Either way, there is nothing Misho can do for this, as your data is the problem.Dick

Hi Dick:I just read your answer and I like it very much. I think as you think, and of course, I know that Misho does all he can. The error was mine, that I made a stupid question without think of it. Thanks a lot friend for your explanation.Julio Estefan