Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Terrabuilder Wizard RGB texture values

Is their someone who can provide me with the RGB values foe each texture used with TerraBuilder seasonal scnery for FS2002?I wish to set TerraScene output to RGB to insure TerraBuilder has the correct value for each texture.Richard L Hill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Richard,I am not sure what are you asking for. There are no set RGB values for seasonal variations - it is up to scenery designer to colorize the pics to what looks the best and fits with default variations.Terrabuilder does not care what colors / images you work with. It can be Lunar surface for all it cares.As a matter of fact, I have a tester project in which all seasons are heavily saturated with bright colors. For instance, bright yellow saturation for spring, green for summer, purple for fall etc. I use this to easily test what actual seasons are present at certain localles and latitudes. You'd be surprised to find out that Niagara Falls, with all of its seasonal variations provided, does actually not use Fall and Spring textures at all.

Misho;I was thinking of using TerraScene to make the image and save each textured area as a solid color in order to allow FS2002 to use default texture. I was looking at the help files and noticed a section of color bars defining each texture, (Season01.gif). If I set my individual land type files to solid color in TerraScene, save this as a BMP, then can I select each solid color within the wizard for each texture? Also are night texture files used bu the wizard?Richard

That won't work.If you supply only the default texture in TB, the scenery will be created with that texture showing in ALL seasons.If you supply the seasons, then the seasonal textures will show at the appropriate seasons.If you omit fall texture, (for instance), then during the fall season you will see the grey squares.If you supply "solid" colors for seasons, those flat colors will show up during the seasons. FS2002 will not "ignore" those and show default. FS2002 does not care what you give it - it will display it. The only thing that controls this (and you can check the INF file) is the switch "withseasons". If set to 1, the BGL file will contain instruction to seek seasonal textures. If set to 0, instruction will be to display a single texture no matter what the season is.Also - If you want to use night textures, you are also stuck with seasons. There is no escape. :-(