Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Photo Terrain Wizard Documentation or HELP

I am trying to use the Photo Terrain Wizard to produce BMP's from TerraScene. I get through a few steps cordinates and view my image but I have found or do not know what selections or steps involved to create my files Terture/Scenery. Could someone help me or point the way to help with this PLEASE!Richard L Hill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What exactly is the problem? Have you followed steps in the RELEASE NOTES? It is as easy as it can be. If you got the Niagara sample to work, there shouldn't be any problems. Let us know what exactly is a snag...

Misho;I have read most files, some sectons I still have nmot found, and HTP files are not the best format. Will your new tutorial be in PDF format? I was going to give the Niagra a try untill I realized that TerraBuilder is for FS2002 Pro only. I will now have to purchace FS2002 Pro the first of the year then give it another try. Probably many tools will be available by then to make things more user friendly. I also know FS Genesis will have scenery available by then, but I still want to work on about a 50 NM area of my locak area.Thanks for waking me up, my old brain isn't what it use to be.Richard L Hill

Richard,I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. It couldn't be simpler.There is only one "section" you need to see: RELEASE NOTES.HTML which is installed when you install TB LITE/PROYou do NOT need FS2002 PRO. (tell me where you read this so I can correct it.)All the tools needed are available FREE for download. Check TB site for links.You install FS2000 Terrain SDKYou install FS2000 Terrain SDK (only Niagara textures are used from this)You install FSTexConv (AND REQUIRED DLLS!!!)You Install TB PRO/LITE, folow a simple Wizard and you're done!

Misho;I was reading that you must have FS 2002 Pro or the Imaging tool utility, and that I do not have FS 2002 Pro then I do not have the folder, I took it for granted it was only available with FS 2002 PRO.I took it that that was the difference between the two versions, the Tools thus the big price.What is the name of the Imaging tool? I am planning on using TerraScene 4.8 Meter files. I have used it from it's birth. Dich helped me with the Shape file portion ( I had always used DlG files, but they arte too old as well as most Terraserver photographs. It is a shame that a great freeware program like Terrascene hasn't been made for use with FS2002 now that Fly! is finished and Richard Harvey has posted a message about his terminal illness. This would be a fabolus tool for FS2002. I will try and do some work in the near future with your program, and if I get it to work you can bet you will see my order. Richard L Hill

Hi Richard,All the tools you need are available from www.terrabuilder.com, resources, tools menu. Misho has provided links or downloads to the files. You can also go directly to Microsoft:http://www.microsoft.com/games/fs2000/devdesk.asphttp://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspIf you need imagetool.exe, it is available in the customterraintextures_sdk.exe file from Microsoft. However, you might have the same capabilities with files from Martin Wright's website.The only file not available for developers on the open web is the export module for GMAX. This module is only available in the FS2002Pro version but it is only used with GMAX exporting of aircraft and scenery.I hoped I helped you in my reply!

Thanks for the info! I have all the tools I need as fasr as I read, I will do some more serious reading and wiortk with the release notes;Again thasnk you!Richard L Hill