Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Not Compiling ??

I go through the steps of getting the BMP, the extents (lat/lon), and at FINISH Terrabuilder appears to just fall through the Microsoft routines with absolutely no errors. Just goes back to the display of the BMP image. No TEXTURES made TEMP or normal and no BGL in the SCENERY folder.If I do the Niagra excercise it works ok.The INF file follows:[source] Type = CUSTOM SourceDir = "E:Flight Simulator UtilitiesTerrascene2output" SourceFile = "klbe.bmp" Lat = 40.340000 Lon = -79.450000 NumOfCellsPerLine = 2816 NumOfLines = 2816 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00004311931818181983 CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00004319247159090909[Destination] DestDir = "E:Flight Simulator UtilitiesTerrascene2output" DestBaseFileName = "klbe" UseSourceDimensions = 1The scenery error "suggests" that I make the BMP 4.8m/pixel. However, it only indicates that the result will not be as good if resample does it for me. Again no real error warning of TB not processing anything vis-a-vis the MS programs.Dick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Dick,There is not really enough information in your post to know what went wrong.Could you provide more detail on your original image, its location, and the procedure you followed in TerraBuilder?Do not despair - it is all very easy, so you should soon get good results.Best regards.Luis

Compile fall-through is hard to determine since I have no way of capturing the error message without the annoying "press any key to continue" interrupt (Perhaps I can have this as an option?)Reasons for this are usually wrong BMP mode (I thought resample.exe didn't care, but it looks like BMP must be 24-bit RGB), or your extents are wrong and the resample is looking at it and thinking "there's nothing to do" :)You're confused about the 4.8m/pix issue: I suggest that you make your scenery 4.8 m/pix because resample does NOT make good job of it, not the other way round.People seem to have no problems with the Niagara sample, and when thy move on to their own project, it doesn't work. The only 2 things that can be wrong then are:Bitmap format and,extents (which determine the scale as well)Check carefully both and re-do.

Make sure that your bitmap name does not have any spaces in it (I would suggest using the 8.3 naming convention.) Resample does not like filenames with spaces.Also, like Misho said, make sure the bitmap is 24 bit.Frank Smith

My problem was that I had reloaded Windows XP into a new directory to clean up some issues. Martin Wright's DLLs were in the old directory which I had deleted. Reloaded the DLLs. Compiled a Terrascene 4.8m/pixel bmp ok.I added some Autogen houses and vegatation to a few texture segments (chunks or whatver the current term is). Worked well and improved the Terrascene texture in that small area.The process of adding Autogen is beyond reason for me and my level of patience. Each texture "chunk" must be treated individually since each is unique. There could be a hundred, or more, of these in a large area. However, the job could be made a bit easier if Terrabuilder could show the file name of each "chunk" when the cursor was over it or clicked. That way you could concentrate on those "chunks" that are of interest, such as those surrounding the airports where low levels expose the need for Autogen. Large forest areas are fairly easy to Autogen but the file names give no clue as to the visual appearance of a file. Since the format is a special BMP Thumbnail views do not work. Seems like only Terrabuilder knows the true visual nature of a texture segment.Dick KLBE

Hi Dick.I think the term you are struggling to find is "slice".Resample makes slices from your original bitmap. These slices are smaller bitmaps that are named with unique georeferenced numbers, like "003100023031313Su.bmp".When properly formatted and combined with an Alpha channel for water, these slices are ready for display as ground-tiles, and are placed by the CUSTOM BGL produced by resample.The numbers actually describe the LOD13 Area which the slice covers. contains LandCalc2, which determines the georeferenced name of any location's bitmap in FS2002. [link:http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/FSUIPC.zip]FSUIPC needs to be installed to the sim. Then enter a flight, slew to the location of interest ( in windowed mode ), and start LandCalc2... the yellow-highlighted name is under the slewing crosshair in the sim... That's the name for the location, and the number of your future autogen.Now your desktop can have the Annotator, LandCalc2, FS2002 ( in windowed mode, with your CUSTOM scenery active ), and BGLPlacer all running at the same time, if you like... a good interactive development environment.Dick

Dick Ludowise, of course, provides the ultimate solution.When annotating (and what a tedious chore this is! I have great admiration for the members of the development team that did this for hundreds of textures), anyway, I take a more rudimentary approach.Using ConvIm by Martin Wright, I simply view each texture (or, "slice", if you prefer) and then task switch to the Annotator. For less powerful computers like mine, it is not possible to have so many programs launched and still get good performance.Best regards.Luis