Sign in to follow this  

Textures

Hi Misho,I've textures created with TB.One of them is named : 011223323111033Su.bmpHow can I know wich standard texture is superimposed from mine ?Wich is the criteria ?Thank You

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ciao Luigi,Perhaps there is some confusion. When you create new textures with this process, you replace the default textures with your image of the real thing.Why do you want to know the name of the default texture? It is no longer used in that location.Anyway, if you are interested, you can either:- look at the default scenery, and then view the default textures (using Microsoft Image Tool, or, even better, ConvIm by Martin Wright) in the Flight Simulator 2002/Texture folder until you find the right one; or,- get catalog.zip by Joe Watson (in the library), an illustrated listing of all the default textures in Word format. Warning: this is a 5 MB download.Best regards.Luis

Hi clogi.A Photoreal scenery, as produced with TerraBuilder, consists of a BGL file, and CUSTOM bitmap 'slices' that are placed as ground-tiles by that BGL. This ground-tile replaces the runtime-generated, landclass ground-tiles. The above link gives a clue as to how you can find out which slice covers which geographic location.If you want to know which default landclass is replaced, it is much more confusing.Each LOD13 Area ground-tile is generated at runtime, by a blending of the landclass assignments that surround it. You can use Microsoft's TMFViewer to look at the landclass assignments of "worldlc.bgl" to view the defaults for FS2002. You can then load your photoreal bgl and it will display on top of the worldlc.bgl. The position of the mouse pointer will display the default landclass."+" and "-" keypad zoom, and the arrow keys scroll.Dick

Hi Luis, I've obteined with TB the textures of a river in my country.Now, as I can't make transparent the portion of texture out the river because it is BMP, and it doesn't combine with the surrounding area, if I'll know the original texture shown in that place, I might convert both textures in GIF format, make transparent the portion I will of my texture, then superimpose my new texture to the original and save it whit the name of mine.Convert back to BMP is not a problem.This is my target.Do you think I'm mad, or there is a possibility to do so ?Thank You for replayLuigi

Thanks Dick, may be I've understand something from your replay.Luigi

Hello Luigi,Now I understand what you want to do. It is very possible, and something we all should do to blend in our pictures with the surrounding default textures.As mentioned by the others, simply determine what default textures you want.Then, convert them to bmp format using Image Tool (although I use ConvIm by Martin Wright.)With your image editing program, blend the picture of the river with the default textures.Resample the new image and it should all blend in well.I hope that I understood correctly what you want. If so, it is easy to do and should solve that problem.Best regards.Luis

Thank You Luis, I was just finding an utility to determine what default textures I need, but the concept is clear. Now I try to realize my little, but important, add-on scenery, and, in case, I'll return in this forum.By Luigi

I used the same tool as Dick recommended, and looked up the location in worldlc.bglThen there is a conversion you must do from landclass to texture type, I beleive Orlando Satolmeyer (sp...sorry O) did the work to describe the relationship between landclass code and texture.Good luck,Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.