Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

I'm back!

...and it was awesome! I summited Mt. Kilimanjaro! And on the way back, while landing at Toronto Pearson, the weather was so bad the KLM 747 pilot had to ABORT the landing seconds before touchdown and go for another try. Reason: snowsquall and a cross wind reduced braking ability and he risked sliding off the runway.I NEVER have had this happen to me...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just another everyday experience in FS2002 with a lot of AI - Tower, KLM XXX is going missed. Roger KLM XXX contract Pearson Departure on xxx.x, EH!!!:-lolI'll bet your pucker factor went up a little on that maneuver. Did you just have to go around, go to a holding pattern, or divert to another airport?Hopefully, you had a great time in Africa!!

Yeah - I'm usually a good flyer (I fall asleep on takeoffs and landings) but this time my palms were sweaty.We took off, and went around for another try. There was no holding pattern. We landed hard the second time around. I had my nose stuck to the window and was amazed to see we were flying above exactly the same landscape as the first time around. I guess the ILS guides it right to the spot.