Sign in to follow this  

Question about TB for FS98

Hello all,Not sure if any of you can help with this but I am taking a stab at it anyway. I have just downloaded TB for FS98 I believe it is version 1.5. I have followed the tutorial and was able to generate the texture files needed and a bgl file. I placed the files into the FS98 scenery directory and registered the new scenery within FS. When I go to the area that I specified in TB to view the scenery I see absolutely nothing but ocean. Have any of you had this problem. The only thing I can think of is that TB generates the texture files without an .r8 extension, even when I specify that I want to use that extension. It just generates a file name with a number as an extension.Is it posible that the sim is not recognizing the texture files because there is no .r8 extension?RegardsJohn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No, that is not the problem. FS does not care about extension names, because the image is not BMP format any longer.The problem can be many things, and usually it is the misplaced/misspecified coordinates. For example, you might be specifying East longitude when in reality you're West. Check carefully.The version should be 1.56...

Misho,Thanks for the quick response. I will try again and let you know how it turns out. Also just want to let you know that TB is an unbelievable product.Regards and welcome backJohn

Hey Misho,One last question. In the TB tutorial, it mentioned the the bmp that is used for as the altitude map, should be 17x17 pixels. When I try to open that file in TB I get an error stating the the Bitmap is not a power of two. I then resixed the bitmap to 16x16 and it works with TB. Can this be causing the not show problem in FS? Also is it possible to use a altitude bitmap in a size other than 16x16?Once again thanksJohn

Hmmmm...This is one of those cases where you're using a version that is OLD. FS98 version (1.56) had this limitation. Newer versions (for which the tutorial was intended) don't.You can use 32x32, 64x64, 128x128 altitude maps. I wouldn't go any higher because usually it is not neccessary.Thanks for your comments!