Sign in to follow this  

I keep sinking thru

Hey Misho,I finally was able to locate the mesh scenery I created for FS98. It looks fantastic. But I have now come across another issue. It seems as though my plane sinks right thru the mesh terrain. I am working on an island near puerto rico (Isla de culebras) and the elevation of the airport there is 40 feet. I need to construct the airport on top of the mesh terrain.Any sugestions on how to do this (If it is possible at all)I am using TB 1.56RegardsJohn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

By the way I just took a look at your Africa photos, they are great;-)

>I finally was able to locate the mesh scenery I created for >FS98. It looks fantastic. But I have now come across another >issue. It seems as though my plane sinks right thru the mesh >terrain. I am working on an island near puerto rico (Isla de >culebras) and the elevation of the airport there is 40 feet. >I need to construct the airport on top of the mesh terrain. >>>Any sugestions on how to do this (If it is possible at all) First of all, I have to say that I don't like to go back and, so to say, "beat the dead horse". The key word here is "progress". There were a lot of problems with FS98 mesh, and consequently, MS fixed it. We are 2 versions (almost 3!) from FS98, and things have considerably changed. You should upgrade and learn how to create mesh scenery for the latest technology. Going back and dealing with these old problems is, frankly, a waste of time.Off the top of my head, the problem with the fall-through mesh was that the default mesh underneath had always precedence. If you build mesh over water, you will see that you can land on it. I remember we had to use special "hole" regions to nullify the default scenery, but I don't remember exactly the code for that.Hope this helps,

>By the way I just took a look at your Africa photos, they >are great >>>;-) hey, thanks! It was awesome!

Hey,Thanks for the response. I will give your suggestion a shot. As to upgrading I do have FS2002 installed and it cripples my machine. The option to upgrade to a more powerful machine is not a option at this point. So I have to enjoy this wonderful hobby by using fs98. I really hate the defualt scenery so I want to make it as realistic as possible. Anyway thanks for your helpJohn