Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

HAPPY NEW OWNER OF TB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you trying to eliminate water that appears in the wrong place, or are you trying to reveal water that isn't there yet?You should obtain an Elrond Elvish utility called FSTxConverter which will allow you to mass convert LOD13 bitmaps which may have places where you want the water to appear. If you just produce bitmaps which have images of water, they will overlay the "real" MicroSoft water which you may want to preserve.The above utility allows one to sequentially combine BMP water images, and a "sister" copied image where the water is black(RGB 256,256,256) and land is RGB 0,0,0) to allow the real Microsoft water to appear.BMP with water painted in some (blue?) pixels combined with same BMP where water is RGB 256,256,256 when fed into FS TX Converter produces BMPS with water where water should be.I had a Swedish girlfriend once. Ended badly. But I'm off topic.

Hi John1Thank you very much for your answer.Sorry about your ex girlfriend.I will try to enclese en pic. of my mess ro scenery so you can se for your self.Wat I

I think what SAS is saying is that he wants to change the position of the water. In this example the estuary at Gothenberg needs to be repositioned. This means redefining water areas.Sorry that I don't know the answer, but are you sure that your scenery is more accurate than the default scenery? The image you posted is too small to see properly.J

If you use Phototerrain with TB, whatever you put down as a bitmap WILL cover and hide the default Microsoft water texture.If you want to then reveal the Microsoft water texture "somewhere else", you need to produce two separate set of 256 x 256 bitmaps....the original ones with the water (that you have colored in..blue, I hope)) in the different place where you appear to want it to appear, and another set of 256 x 256 bitmaps made with an input bitmap where the land area is always RGB 0,0,0 and the "new" water areas are RGB 256,256,256.You then could have two separate sceneries you could continue to use to fly over only one would have black water and white land,(not something you want to upload to the file library, trust me) and the normal one where you colored in the water, but you won't get "real,ripply,wavy, Microsoft" water, (RRWMW) just your flat colored image of water.So you need to modify your original set of 256 x 256 bitmaps so your flat colored water turns into "real" water.Your second set of 256 x 256 bitmaps mage from your black and white input BMP are called water masks by some and Elrond Elvish's utility will go through the two texture folders and one by one, retrieve the two matching bitmaps (one colored, and one black and white) and somehow the corresponding flat blue pixels on your original colored maps will be converted so that "real Microsoft water will appear everywhere you had the black water on the water mask set.The details of this conversion process will have to be filled in by one of the resident geniuses on this board. There are probably other conversion utilitues that can do this as well, but watching Elronds facility ripple through the textures was pretty impressive.Too bad one cannot lay down some single magic RGB color out of the 16,777,216 colors we have available and Mictrosoft would "know" we wanted water there.