Sign in to follow this  
Guest Efrain_AAV1

Attn: Misho - Re: Coordinates

Hello Misho,While one works on a bitmap, I and I believe many others, tend to edit the resize and crop the image and after a while, we tend to lose the real coordinates of the image's corners and when we try to use it on Terrabuilder, we have a hard time placing it at the correct location...Is it in any way possible, to perhaps have Terrabuilder determine the extents of the bitmap by allowing one to select a POINT on the bitmap for which we DO KNOW the coordinates for?Example, I have a huge image of a city and the airport, but I can perhaps use the cursor, right click on the CONTROL TOWER and tell Terrabuilder the coordinates for this POINT on the image! Since the image is at 4.8m/pixels, Terrabuilder could then calculate the coordinates for the edges of the image!Can this be programmed? Just curious, as this would make it easier for those who don't really know the extents of the image...If it can already be done, PARDON ME!!!! But do tell me how! hahahahaha Thanks Misho!Efrain

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I knew I had asked too soon! Thanks Luis! Since I am here, let me ask another question! lolI have a strong feeling that this has been brought up but I searched the forum and nothing came up...What is the biggest area one should cover with Terrabuilder for one bgl? I plane on doing approximately an area of 160km x 56km in size and would like to know if I could use an entire bitmap to cover this area or should I break it up into smaller images... Thanks again people...